Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nobody writes to me

Yup, it's Halloween, I'm dressed up like a security officer (if that ain't a costume, nothing is... LOL!) and I'm feeling like no one reads my blog. I don't know... I've been on a boohoo for me for the past two weeks. You know it's bad when the youngest daughter asks why you've been a royal b$tch for the past couple weeks.

Course, the fact that there's now a narrow channel to walk through my dining room might be part of it. The girls say that they don't make the mess because they're never home. Hmm... I hate to break the news, but that's exactly why it is them who's making the mess. They come in, drop everything and then run off to God knows where. (They always do check in with me, but I can't even begin to keep track anymore. ) The piles are getting deeper and deeper.

I wonder if Clean House would ever dream of coming to New England?

All that aside, the Southern Command is going to meet up. We've scheduled a meeting and my goal is to expand my plan for world domination. Get the other guys involved in what I'm doing. Let some of my enthusiasm rub off and see if it infects them.

Have to work late tonight. Until 8PM. I guess the bosses are worried that the kids will dress up in costumes that attack and swill beer by the gallon without any participation from the kids wearing said costumes. I could just see it. Harem costumes invading the brains of their owners and tossing them on the floor while sleeves hold steins of beer over their mouths, forcing them to drink and become stupid. I guess I'll find out one way or the other.

OTOH, it'll be nice to have company for a change. We're overlapping shifts so I won't have to work alone from 4PM to 8PM. What a refreshing change.

In the meantime, I'll continue work on the Christmas present. I only have about 100 rows to go and it's finished. Can't wait to get a pic of that one.

I'm also going to get a pic of the socks I just finished in LL's Sherbet. They came out seriously nice. Going to wear them tomorrow. New month, new pair of socks. Maybe that will help bring about a change in my life. (I have no clue what that change will be, but I'm ready for one. )

Also, I did make contact with my spinning teacher. She's going to toss some dates out for my first lesson. It might have to wait until next week, though, because her farm is having an open house this weekend. Yes, I plan on attending it. She teased me and said they'll have llama roving available. Hmm... a nice scarf or even mittens of llama? Wouldn't that be beyond fabulous?

Okay, off to pay the mortgage. Did you know that the word "mortgage" comes from the Latin words "mortis" and "gage". Respectively, they mean "death" and "hold or grip". Mortgage = death grip.

Ain't it the truth...

5 comments:

Lisathemom said...

I'm writing to you as a mom of 3 who's house is never clean either....gremlins come in the night and mess it up, I suppose, since no one ever says who made the messes....

Glad to hear you're spinning! I only knit socks and would like to learn to spin. Sounds like you have the perfect wheel - going to look into getting one.

Have a great day,
Lisathemom

June said...

Ok, I'm out here reading, just don't have the chance to post because I'm reading at work (shh, don't tell on me)! I found your blog from the Townsend sock group, which brings me to the STR comment, which I whole-heartedly agree with, I think this year it's supposed to be more exclusive though. Is that worth $10? Well, I dunno about that - Anyway, glad I found ya -

SoapDoc said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SoapDoc said...

Well I am writing, AND reading too...and my house is never clean either -- and I don't even have human children....

STR, a sore spot with me too, but I did pre-register just because I LOVE the yarn, and it IS supposed to be more exclusive this year.

I did get sucked in last year though. I thought we would get a kit each MONTH, not one every other ;( Don't know what I will acutally pay once its time or not...

Anyway, "officer Bonnee", Hi -- we are out here reading -- just don't always have time to write ;-P

Wanted to add, Mortgage = Death grip! HA! Ain't it the truth!!! I never knew that! You in CT and me in NY, don't we both know about the death grip owning a home comes with!? OY...how about TAXES? There's another one for 'ya!

SoapDoc said...

Just so you know, the post that is deleted above was mine, I didn't know it would leave that message there when I deleted -- I thought I would be able to delete so I could add the part about the mortgage without leaving two messages, and now I have left three....

Sorry!

Hugs from,
Purl