Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Money in the bank... Yeah!

I told about the fundraiser for NBPOPS. Well, I got to work yesterday and talk about being nervous. I had over $5500 in my truck. NOT something that made me comfortable. So I put the account number on the back of all the checks and ran off to the bank so I could deposit the money.

Yeah, I feel much better now. Don't like that kind of cash hanging around.

I didn't make the meeting last night for Project Graduation. Running late, as usual... I certainly hope they didn't approve something as infantile as Dr. Suess. 007 is the only way to go this year. I mean, this is something that can never be done again. I really don't think that James Bond movies will still be made, let alone popular, 100 years from now, so to miss this opportunity would be stupid.

What else?

I haven't gotten to spin since Saturday... Argh!!!! I really want to do more, but I've got to work that into the schedule. I'll find a way. Don't worry. As one of my mentors says (and it's SO true): You never find time to do the things you don't want to do, but you'll always manage to find the time for the things you want to do. Well, I want to do this.

And, we're into a new month. The business is trudging. I think one of the people in my downline got discouraged. Someone mentioned a report they'd seen on some news program about Quixtar. It was negative... of course. Isn't it a given that if something good comes along you always get the naysayers? Well, the guy who was supposed to be giving the "insider info" was someone who'd only given a minimum of effort and made no money.

Duh!

This is not a get rich quick scheme. This is a business plan. If you don't work, you don't succeed. If you don't put in the effort, you get no reward. duh! Yes, that's what makes it hard. But that's also what makes it worthwhile. I mean, if it was totally effortless, don't you think everyone would know about it and they'd be in? If you could grow a business without any personal commitment or effort, wouldn't people be knocking on your door?

Well, sorry, it takes a bit of effort. And people just don't want to work anymore. I don't get it. We all get up each morning and go to our jobs. We work. But when faced with an opportunity that has no limits, we can't find the time or the effort to make it work for us? Geez... talk about the height of laziness.

And just because it didn't work for this one guy doesn't mean it won't work for me. Or thousands of others. Or even you. I mean, I've been into the business for four months now. And I'm seeing results. Normally, by this time of the month, I'm working with about $100 in my checking account and wondering how I'll make it to the end of the month with that inevitable emergency that always seems to come up. I have over $300 in the bank. I'm going to reach the end of the month and be able to move money from checking to savings. I'm actually doing good financially and there's nothing I need to purchase. I've done my buying for the month and have money left over. And I got paid to do this.

Okay, $300 isn't a lot. But it's more than I've had in the past. And I expect this trend to continue and grow. In fact, I wish I had more hours in the day to dedicate to growing my business. I'd be making even more. But that will come. I have patience and it's okay that my business is growing slowly. Slow is better than not at all.

Oops.... time to go. Still have to make my lunch and get off the to daily grind that I hope to kiss off someday. Yup, my goal is to replace this income. Then I can leave this job and dedicate myself to my business wholeheartedly. Isn't that a dream?

No comments: