Monday, October 23, 2006

Argh! 4 Days!

Gotta give an update. Gotta give an update. This isn't fair...

Okay, been busy as usual. Saturday, the oldest daughter, Shelby, turned 17. We kinda held her party on Friday night because that's when all the family could get together. I bought a couple pizzas and a cake and we gave her presents. Not much to put in her hand, but she now has use of our old Blazer. Family is going to cover her insurance but now she'll actually have to pay for her own gas. Thank goodness. I was getting tired of my tank being empty...

Anyway, so youngest daughter had PSATs on Saturday, Hubby went off to work on Sat and oldest had to work on Sat morning. I actually had the house to myself for about 6 hours. Wow. I can't even remember the last time that happened. Probably when I was still working nights and they'd take off on Sat morning so I could sleep. Course, I don't remember much because I was unconscious for most of those "alone" times.

But I treated myself. I did some cleaning. Then I treated myself to an hour of spinning. (God, I LOVE my new Prelude wheel!!!!) Then I'd clean some more. And I'd spin for another hour. Then clean. Then spin.

Oh yeah, this could actually get me off my butt and cleaning for a change...

Sunday morning. Work. Four hours of computer work and clean-up. I get to take next Sunday off, so I made sure to go through everything. Including the aging report. Haven't done that in probably two years because I never had time, but I actually got that one done.

Then home and a nap. (Hey, I'm entitled once in a while! I don't know why, but I've been SO durned tired. So I took a nap for an hour. Luckily the family didn't say anything because I had the perfect answer all ready... "Bite me!" )

Then off to a meeting. We did a fundraiser for NBPOPS (North Branford Parents of Performing Students) and had to tally all the order sheets. We actually got that done in about three hours. We've only got orders for about half of what normally is bought, but I hope that doesn't kill any potential purchases. The good thing is that we accomplished what we needed to get done in about half the time it normally takes. And everything tallied perfectly.

Home. To bed. Up and I'm finally breaking down and wearing a sweater to work. It's getting darned cold sitting in my truck for 8 hours. So now I'm getting overheated because I'm dressed for outside and sitting at my computer. Oops...

I got my partner's name for the yarn swap. Poor woman was probably itching and wondering if I'd gotten lost. Poor thing emailed me yesterday afternoon and I didn't even check my email til this morning. I have a month to put together a nice package for her and I have some really great ideas of stuff to toss inside. A couple favorite recipes as well as yarn, drink and my favorite pattern. (I don't know if my favorite has a name, so I'm just going to type it up with a pic of what it looks like. It's really simple but looks complex, so I love it and use it on almost all of my socks. Okay, lately, it's ALL of my socks. )

Another meeting tonight for Project Graduation. I have to go because some nimrod brought up theme ideas of Dr. Suess and Ninja Turtles. Er.... scuse me, but we're talking high school seniors, not kids in nursery school. Ninja Turtles? Puleeze! (No, I won't be that nice if I make a comment at the meeting tonight. I'm sure she'll be offended by my language, but get a grip, lady!) The obvious theme is James Bond. This is the graduating class of 2007. See that? 007. Bond. James Bond. Duh!!!! She thinks there's too much violence and sex in the movies. Ha! Read the books. Espionage. Class. Debonair. Tuxedos and gorgeous women. If she can't deal with that, then stay home.

So I've been requested to attend the meeting simply because I'm very direct and won't bother being polite when Dr. Suess is mentioned... LOL! This should be fun. I mean, who should know better? I work with the kids who just graduated last year (or within the last couple of years). Trust me, there ain't no Dr. Suess in the backs of their minds.

Oh, and get this. She signed up all the dads for security. I guess she feels that women can't do security. Hmm... I think I should show up in uniform. Tell her how I've broken up fights, picked up drunks from the floor and investigated everything from thefts to the usual roommate tiffs. Yeah, I don't need a guy to back me up. I'm sure the night crew will heartily admit that I was their secret weapon when dealing with fights. A guy breaks in and he's more likely to get swung at. Me? They can swing all they want. They're most likely going to be swinging over my head...

Anyway... another fun-filled day awaits. I hope yours is just as fun.

No comments: