Friday, October 27, 2006

Thank you very much...

Thanks, Lea. I do hope to continue on my journey toward spindom (as well as world domination, but I think that one is going to take a bit longer... )

Checked out your web page and guess what? I'm also a Lime Marguerita. Course, the question is if I get the code put onto this page correctly. Lord only knows what will happen when I go check out what havoc I've wreaked.

Let's see... kids are off at a football game. Hubby and I had some alone time, which was nice for a change. We never get that anymore. (Read that as: WHEN are the girls moving OUT!?!?!?! Whew! ) I can deal with the dogs. They never squeal if we want to swing from the light fixtures. But the kids would definitely turn purple and keel over in a dead faint. Upon awakening, they'd scramble for the cells to call all their friends...

The cats? They're another story. I get the feeling they're just taking notes of some kind.

Anyway... enough of that. I was going to spin except I can't get into my living room. YD took her project to school, but she left the mess and I don't dare get too close. I think it attacks. Those popsicle sticks look pretty darn vicious to me, so I'm not venturing in until she cleans up the mess. (She and some friends did a panorama of the town from The Scarlet Letter, complete with dirt they confiscated from the field down the street. The neighbors probably thought they were burying the evidence as opposed to digging up dirt to haul into my house. )

So I should be upstairs knitting. Got some new Cherry Tree Hill Supersock. I picked that up at Country Yarns in Wallingford, CT. Wow, that store has some really lovely yarns, but I do admit I'd like to see some more sock yarns. Maybe I should venture in during their "open" hours and convince them that sock classes and sock yarns are definitely worth the investment to add to their inventory.

That reminds me. I'm slogging off to set up my spinning lesson. Payday was today so I can set up a lesson with a free conscience. Considering I just ordered some Lorna's Laces and a new pair of winter boots (for work, which is getting durned cold without a booth to sit in... No, don't ask. Still not there and I wouldn't believe them regardless what date they tell me it's going to show up. I'd believe next year... like... September. ) I absolutely adore my all-weather clogs from Lands End, but the bosses are going to have a problem with me wearing red. So I ordered enclosed shoes (gotta think ahead to those snowy days) and they're in a soft powder blue. Sorry, but navy or black wasn't an option. I ordered from the Overstock list since the boss won't pay for these.

Anyway, I did get my roving from Copper Moose. Wow! Pretty, pretty stuff. I can't wait to get my lesson and get my fingers on that. I'm still waiting for more yarn and roving from Lisa Souza. God, I just love her color combos. Course, don't ask what I ordered. Can't remember until it shows up. But I did order Sugar Maple, Rosy Quartz, Mountain Meadow and... hmm, another color from Copper Moose. Even better in person than what showed on my monitor.

Okay, off to email teacher to set up lesson and then upstairs for knitting. Almost done with Christmas present. Can't wait to take pics of that one. It's really turning out lovely. And I'm over half done with a pair of LL's socks in Sherbet. And I started a pair of socks in Cherry Tree Hill Spanish Moss. That's going to be terrific also. Muted variations in green and violet with a touch of hot pink. Really nice. Gee... they'll match beautifully with my new blue suede boots... LOL!

No comments: