Thursday, October 05, 2006

Reading and other pleasures...

I'm into the third book of the Sundered series by Michele Sagara West, Lady of Mercy. I'd forgotten just how good this series is. So I certainly hope that Bella Luna books is going to release the 4th title soon as I'd like to have a new set of the complete series. (Yup, I have an original printing of all the books, but let's save those as collector items.) Course, the fact that the series is being released again will devalue the original books, but that's okay also. I'd like to hold on to them for another decade or so when printed books are obsolete totally.

Let's see, I started a Christmas project last night. I've been thinking about it since spring on how I'm going to do this and finally said I've got to stop thinking and start doing. Maybe because I started taking Rhodiola 110, which is an herbal supplement meant to help with energy and mental clarity, I'm feeling more energetic and active. I want to accomplish things for a change and stop thinking about them so much.

But I do spend a lot of time thinking. I haven't got a choice at work since I sit around so much. I get a lot of reading and knitting done while I'm there, but I'm also starting to do more planning when it comes to my non-working time. Let's get some things accomplished.

I did put in an hour in my dining room (read that as disaster... ) It's our dumping ground. If you can't think of where to put something the first time, just dump it in that room. And when you've only got 6 rooms in your house, you can't assign space for dumping. I'm sick of it. We tore the fireplace out two years ago and I still stare at an empty space in the wall where it used to be. Yuck!!!! I want to sit in there and have Thanksgiving dinner with my family and friends. Can't do that if every horizontal space (and even a few vertical ones) are covered in junk. So it's time to clear out, reconfigure and organize.

It's also time to put the flower beds down for the winter. Have to get out this weekend (if it's not raining) and clean out the beds for the snowy months. Get it done now before the snow starts to fly and the Almanac is predicting some very snowy months. So get them settled and ready for spring and I'm all set with that. (This is definitely jeans and flannel shirt time and I'm looking forward to it.)

Lastly... yarn. Time to get more yarn in my stash. Can't wait. I posted a note to one of the listservs I belong to and asked what sites are everyone's favorite. Going to order more of old favorites, but it's also time to try some new yarns also.

And (argh!!!) _thinking _ about joining the Sock Wars. You get a partner and send them a package of yarn, pattern, favorite drink and a little gift and they knit a pair of socks. Those get sent (back? I'm not sure of all the details) and if your package arrives before your partner's package arrives to you, you're assassinated and out of the game. It's a knit-a-thon to see who can knit the fastest and survive the longest.

Should be fun. In the meantime... off to work for more knitting and reading.

No comments: