Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Finally... Pics!




Here it is! This is my little Kromski Prelude! Isn't she just the prettiest thang...

As you can see, I've got my first bobbin full. I think it's Corriedale, but that was my learning bobbin. Actually, it came out pretty nice. Now I'm working on a merino with silk noirs, so it's got some nubbies in it, but it's coming along nicely.

My wheel is sort of shoved out of the way right now because youngest daughter is working on a project for school and she's taken over our entire living room, including the floor. Hence, I couldn't spin last night, but that's okay. I have lots of winter days ahead of me that are waiting for my fingers to do their thing. I still have to write my email to set up a lesson, but I'm having so much fun that I keep forgetting that I don't know anything yet.


You have to let me know if the bobbin pic came out fuzzy. I'm not a pic taker and I think I screwed that one up, but I'm trying to show that my spun yarn is coming out okay. Not bad for someone who's been spinning for about a week and a half...

I have to get youngest daughter to take the pics since she's the expert. (She only has about 637 pics on the camera of herself. Yup, she throws her arm out at full-length and just snaps away. The thing that kills me is that some of the pics come out looking really nice. She says she wants to be a photographer. I say "go for it!" )

Let's see... what else is new? Business group is getting together. They had a meeting last night, but scheduled a "night owl" for after the intro meeting. Yikes! Hey, guys, I get up at 5AM. Starting a really important informative meeting at about 9PM just doesn't work for me. I can't take those kind of hours anymore. When I was 25, I could survive on 2 hours of sleep for several nights and not bat an eye. But that was 20 years ago and I've learned (the hard way) that I require 7 hours to be human. Me not being human isn't a pretty sight. I'm a nasty little curmudgeon who doesn't deserve to live when that happens. (I know because I did it for a year and a half when I first started working for the university. The only sleep I got during that time period was an hour or two whenever I could catch it. Yech! I'm not a kid anymore. )

Anyway, they're supposed to be getting together this weekend. I hope so because I really want to re-energize and get moving. Help me get to a point where I can replace my income and I'll be more than happy to dedicate 40 hours a week to building the business for everyone. I just need their collective help to get to that point. But that's all besides the point. I have more plans for world domination in my pocket and this weekend, some of those plans will be put into motion. (Yeah, yeah, it's about time some motion began to stop this stagnation. )

Today is supposed to be cold. Hmm. And I'm still sitting in my car at my job. We'll see, but this might be the day I finally move inside into the apartment they let us use until they can get the booth done. I'll simply put a note on my dashboard telling the kids where to find me. Think that might light a fire under the bosses' @sses?

Progress on the Christmas present is being made daily. If I work real hard, I'll make my goal and get this done by the end of the month. I'm getting psyched because, even though I'm not tired of working on it (there are color changes often enough to keep me working with interest), I really do want to be done with it. I want to go back to socks. I have a pair of Lorna's Laces that I put on hold while I did this project and it's stopped whispering to me. It's downright shouting for me to get them OFF THE NEEDLES!!!! LOL!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wheel! Yes, the bobbin picture is a little fuzzy - but keep practicing - you'll get better! Looks like you're getting the hang of spinning - I'm pretty new to it too, and I'm just beginning to like what I'm making. Need LOTS more practice though.

Lea
http://www.kneedeepinfibers.blog-city.com