Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wowee!!!

I'm spinning, I'm spinning, I'm spinning!

Is this exciting or what? I don't want to work anymore. I want to sit and watch my wheel turn.

Got the box on Monday night. Took Mark about an hour to get it all put together, so we oiled it up and I started treadling. That was okay. I didn't want to run off for fiber quite yet. Frankly, I was scared.

Then Tuesday was a total wash. Simply wasn't going to happen Tues night. Bummer!

So I came home last night, practically tossed dinner at the family and ran into the living room. A little glitch in the beginning as the VCR wasn't connected to something. I could hear it, but I couldn't see anything, so had to get Mark to fix that. (Okay, I'm going to have to repaint the floor where the entertainment center goes because he kinda scraped the paint off the floor, but I really don't care. He got the VCR working.)

So I watched the section about three times before attaching a leader. Boy, talk about stop and start, stop and start. Three leaders later and a bit of laughter, I actually had some spinning going into the orifice.

Course, I kept forgetting to feed it into the orifice and wondering why I'm drafting and it's getting longer.

Duh!!! So I start drafting it down and then feeding it in. I loosened up both hands so it would feed easier. Wowowow! I'm spinning!

It's far from perfect and I imagine it'll take a couple of pounds of fiber before I ever get a consistent thread, but there's _thread_ on that bobbin!

Woohoo!!!! Another week and I'll be ready to set up a lesson with Laurie so I can save myself a lot of heartache later. Why struggle when I can get a couple lessons and save myself the trouble of figuring it out myself?

Pics definitely coming tonight or tomorrow night. Me sitting at my wheel! Woohoo!

(Gee, can you tell yet that I'm excited by this new project of mine? )

No comments: