Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thanks, Diane!

Now I don't feel so weird. It does seem like I'm the only one in the neighborhood who complains of mice coming in. Course, with two cats running around, they usually don't last long in my house either, but I do give them credit for trying...

I've just got to share the newest update on the booth for work. The boss drives in the other day and tells me that it's on it's way. In fact, it's on the highway down in Greenwich and should arrive within the hour. Uh huh. I just smile politely and go my way.

Well, for once, he was right. The booth arrived. But the next morning, the facilities guys are down in my area with their measuring tapes. Seems the concrete pad is way too small to put the booth on top of it.

I have seen it. I drove by on my way out from work on Friday. Curiosity was going to kill me if I didn't see what they were talking about. So I drive in to check this out and it actually looks kinda nice. Supposed to have heat and air conditioning. Has a door that slides back like a pocket door. But, the bad thing is that the door is going to face the driveway.

Why is this bad? Because the driveway has a bit of a sharp incline to it. I can see, come winter, some kid driving in full-bore, hits ice and slides down the hill, through the booth and sailing off the retaining wall and into the second floor living room of the unit behind me. Now, with the door being where they'll hit, how am I going to escape when they come aiming for me?

Hmm.... have to do some thinking on this one...

Other news is that I have more fiber on its way to me. Lisa Souza is back from Stitches East in Balitmore and my order for yarn and fiber is set to ship tomorrow. I better get cracking on spinning and knitting or I'll have quite the stash pouring across my living room... LOL!

Good news is that I finished the Cherry Tree Hill socks in Spanish Moss. Wore them yesterday as a matter of fact. I have all the items for my swap box ready to go once I type up the instructions for how I do my cuffs. And then I can mail that out tomorrow.

And I got my new business materials for my IBOship. Wow. Fantastic training materials. All the kind of stuff I've wanted to have in-hand before. And, boy, am I going to use this stuff. I'm going to get a couple of the "first night" packs so I can give them as gifts to anyone I bring into the business. My gift to them to get them started. Then I plan to get the other packs not just to train myself, but anyone I sponsor can also borrow them. This is definitely stuff I'll listen to again and again and again, so I'll let people borrow, but I can't hand these out. OTOH, they can "try before they buy". I'll suggest that they do the same with anyone they bring in. Get them started with a gift and then let them borrow from your library until they make enough to establish their own.

Great stuff and TEAM Legacy is definitely on track and moving. I'm SO excited to be part of this whole Internet phenomena. We're definitely going to change the landscape of American purchasing and a whole new way to earn an income. (Let me know if you want to be part of this, because this is really exciting stuff!!!!)

I have tomorrow and Tuesday off. ('Bout time, eh? ) tomorrow is full of exciting things like going to the bank, town hall and various errands as well as being deposed in a lawyer's office. Oh boy. Doesn't everyone want one of those in their day planner? OTOH, Tuesday I'm supposed to be off volunteering at a pandemic flu drill. I'm still wavering about that one. I know, I know I'm supposed to be worried about my fellow man and be prepared like a good Boy Scout, but didcha ever just need a day to stop and smell the roses? I'm feeling one coming on... Course, then I only have to get through three days of work and I'm off for a whole week. I should really take care of my responsibilities and then relax during that week. But, but, but....

Another thing on my list for tomorrow is pics. I have to do laundry so my socks will be clean. Pics of socks that I've made up in the last couple weeks. Maybe even a pic of the socks/wrist warmers (I still haven't decided on that one yet) actually in-progress. Maybe (God forbid) a pic of me sitting at my wheel and spinning while the world moves on without me for a few hours. Tempting.... ain't it?

No comments: