Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Just a quick note to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

It's time to take stock of what's happened in our life and re-evaluate our hopes for the future. I thank God and everyone around me for the blessings I've been given and those that might find their way to me in the future. I bless my family for supporting me in times of strife and sorrow and the never-ending joys they've given me on those days I needed it most.

It's funny. I never thought about it until my Mom mentioned that she'd been talking with my brother and he said that I'm living the American Dream. I have a wonderful husband who never nags or gets angry when I trip and fall over my own feet. I have two fabulous (and gorgeous) daughters who can try my patience with the best of any little devil out there, but who are generous and caring and have a sense of their place in the world (quite an accomplishment for most teenagers ). They give with two of the biggest hearts I've ever met and I just know the world will be a better place for having them in it. I bless the luck for my friends who are caring and giving of their support and their friendship. Shoulders to cry on when I need it and laughter which can be even more important.

Okay, so no one helped me clean out our pigsty of a dining room, but my family hasn't messed it up either. Isn't that a blessing in itself?

I'm off to get my turkey set and ready for the oven. I've been brining it for the last two days so it's tender and moist and, Lord, I really love a convection oven. Should be ready in about two hours. (Remember those days when we had to get up at 5AM to get the bird in the oven? Ha! 10AM is much nicer... LOL!) Course, I need all that extra time to make the smashed potatoes. I figure 5 lbs oughta do it. My family isn't thrilled with most of the stuff I cook, but they do adore my smashed potatoes.

And I finally have poor Tammy's box ready to go. First thing tomorrow, off to the post office so I can get her her box of yarn and goodies. I tried to plan so hard to get it out early, but that didn't happen... Oops. As long as I get it out by the end of the month, I'll be okay, so I have a few days. But tomorrow is it. I wanted to get it out yesterday, but I sort of went into sloth mode. After all the cleaning this week, I sort of collapsed early each night. Now if I can just find my Thanksgiving tablecloth. I'm sure it's somewhere. Look hard enough and I'll find it...



Have a wonderful day!!!!

No comments: