Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More Rain... Oh boy

We've had over 60" of rain this year (that's getting dangerously close to drowning me in height ) and yet more rain today. Heavy rain. Which means I'll spend a lot of time today being wet.

Yesterday was the longest day in creation. I started knitting early. Took a break and worked on a book of Soduko puzzles. Knitted, puzzled, knitted some more and puzzled some more. Then, as I'm driving home, I figured out why the entire day seemed to drag. I'd totally forgotten to drink my XS energy drink around 2PM, which is my usual time. Gives me that gentle boost to get over the hump of late afternoon. No boost yesterday.



I won't make that same mistake today. Lord knows, I'll probably need an XS drink by about 9AM to get through the dark and dismal of today...

The good news is that I finished one of the Spanish Moss socks and I guesstimate that I'll finish the other today. I've started a new one in Lorna's Laces in Summer Sunset, but I haven't decided if I'll keep them as socks or switch them into wristwarmers. My hands get really cold on some days and a nice warm merino overlay might help the hands stay warm. So I'm toying with that, but I won't have to decide until I get down the "cuff", so to speak. Then I'll either do a heel or add a gusset for my thumb. We'll find out when I get there.

Did a little bit of spinning last night before dinner. Am hoping to get moving on that merino with silk noils embedded so I can finish plying it with the Wensleydale. Want to get moving on that scarf of my very own spun yarn. Will be so kewl to point to it and say that I not only knitted it, but I spun the yarn myself.

I'm hoping to get the new training materials for my business today. I did pay for 2nd day business mail and it shipped on Monday, so I should get it today. These materials are meant to loan out to the folks I've sponsored to get them going. Rather than doing it all myself (which makes me self-employed), this stuff is designed to help them teach themselves how to expand their business. More like a business owner who gets a system that does the work for them and frees up the extra time for other pursuits (hopefully freeing me to sponsor more people). I figure, if I get them started and the training materials work for them, they can get their own to train the people they sponsor and so on and so forth. It saves a lot of time in the long run and I'm always one who's up for efficiency...

And the bosses at work have given another date for my booth at work. It's supposed to go up the week of Thanksgiving. (Yes, I forgot to ask them which year this will happen, but we'll see... ) Once that's up, I'm going to post a note in the window facing the bus stop with a simple statement and question. "Okay, so you use the Internet. But does it pay you to use it? If not, I can show you how to earn a commission." Or SST (some such thing).

Oh geez... the cats and dog have a mouse surrounded or trapped or something. One of few things I hate about living in the country. Cold weather sets in and the field mice think they can winter inside my house.... Does my house look like Disney or something?!@?

1 comment:

Diane said...

We had a little mouse in the garage but with 3 cats in the household he/she didn't last long.