Thursday, September 21, 2006

Woohoo!

You know, I haven't said a word about life in general and what's going on. Well, last night I found a wonderful surprise in my mailbox. I received my new Rakestraw Spinner (http://fibers.downinthecountry.com/ToniOriginalMaterial/index.html). I tried it out last night and it's definitely a lot harder than it looks, but Toni Neil, a wonderful woman who runs The Fold (http://www.thefoldatmc.net/) had sent me some fiber so I could get the hang of this.

It's going to take a while, but I was telling youngest daughter that it would be way too much fun to get some fiber, spin up the yarn myself, dye it with Daughter's wonderful eye for color and then knit it up into socks for somebody in the family to wear.

At one time, I thought it would also be neat to wash and card raw wool and turn it into the fiber, but I think that's definitely pushing my luck. Considering I have some allergy problems with certain wools, let's not start with raw product that could land me in an ER somewhere...

Now, in the meantime, I have a plan for the gift and incentive program through the business. Why not go around to various locations that do wedding receptions and see if they'd like to add a gift album as part of their contract. I could just see it now... The business manager signs the contract with the prospective couple (or the parents) and as they shake hands, s/he says, "It's wonderful doing business with you and I'd like to offer you your first wedding gift." and s/he hands them the album where they can choose their own gift. Lots of choices from a Waterford crystal punch bowl to an expresso maker. Good stuff.

I mean, if they'd like to do something more, they could offer them a 2-day, 2-night vacation package, but the wedding album would be just as special. That would certainly be special and would create word-of-mouth advertising for them.

If you want to check out the albums and what's available (since Christmas is coming and what do you get those people who you need to buy for but haven't got a clue what to get?!?!), you can go to my site at http://bpierson1.ordermygift.com/ and check out the various albums. Some very kewl stuff. I've already done albums for myself. I bought the teen album for my youngest nephew who's 16th birthday is today (HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TIMMY!!!!!!!) and another for my oldest nephew whose birthday was back in July. I know Chris loved his album. I just hope Timmy loves his also.

Okay, back at another time. Have to drive the girls into school this morning and haven't done my lunch yet. I'm taking my spinner with me and see if I can practice my gyrations...

No comments: