Saturday, September 30, 2006

Shade Garden Done and other stuff

Yup, I finished the socks last night. Because I was down to the decrease on the toes, I forged ahead and finished them. They did come out very pretty, but kick me in the butt if I ever get another yarn with really dark colors in it.

So I started the next pair which is in complete opposition to what I'm doing now. Lorna's Laces in Sherbet. Bubblegum pink and sherbet orange, all twined around each other. It looks like these colors are going to spiral down the foot, but I don't care. It's going to look nice. I'm doing a needleless cable w/ k2, p2 for four rows and then st st for 4 rows. Looking really nice.

If I remember correctly, I have one more bunch of yarn in my stash and that's Anne Schaeffer. Oh no, one more. I still have that cashmere/silk mix that I'd gotten about a year and a half ago. A plain oatmeal color that I've never decided what to do with. I did begin a toe-up sock with it way back when, but I don't like it anymore. Not since I went back to doing cuff down socks. I s'pose I'll have to frog the whole thing and start over with something new, but I don't want to do just anything when we're talking cashmere/silk.

And I still haven't heard back from Country Yarns. That's the store/group who did the spinning display at the Durham Fair and I saw where they gave spinning classes over the summer. I wrote to them and asked if they'd planned on any spinning classes for this fall, but they haven't gotten back to me on that one. I want to try a drop spindle and also try my hand at a spinning wheel before I go investing $500 or more on a wheel.

OTOH, a friend of mine has been haunting some auctions. And he said he'll keep his eyes open if a wheel shows up. I don't see where a LOT of people would be bidding on a wheel if they're not into spinning, so if he can get me one, he's going to bid. But that's down the road. First, I have to keep spinning away with my Rakestraw. (Between all the hours I spent knitting and spinning during the week, my arm is sore as all get-out. I thought my muscles knew they were there before I started, but I'm finding out I had a few stored in that arm that have probably never been called into action until now... LOL!)

In the meantime, I'm making progress with my plan for world domination and a boatload of cash. What's funny is that I know the people who read this keep saying, "Yeah, yeah, yeah... yet another scam." Taking advantage of people and bilking money off your friends and they couldn't be more wrong. You know why? Because this opportunity is ideal given the technology that's being developed and being put into the marketplace right now. I recognized that.

Do you know that, if you'd invested $10,000 in Microsoft stock back in 1984 (when Bill Gates was at the top of everyone's "yeah he's just a geek and he'll never make money" list), you'd be sitting on over $2,000,000 right now? I do have to admit that my wonderful DH knew this. He predicted that Bill Gates would be a multi-millionaire before the decade was out. Millionaire nothing. Gates was a multi-billionaire.

And I'm sitting on something that's just as good as what Gates had back then. Like I said before, read Frank Feather's books called FutureConsumer.com and Biznets. He says that Quixtar _will_ be the business of the future. All you've gotta do is contact me and I'll show you exactly what I'm putting together. Join the team and make a boatload of cash.

But you know why people won't do it? First is because anytime a new idea comes along, 84% of the population is going to sit around on their accolades and wait to see what everyone else is going to do. They're going to hang back until it's too late to actually make some real money. Another 14% of the people look at a new idea and say, yeah, well... They'll adapt and they'll use the technology before the other 84% so they'll make some money, but they're not the ones who are going to make themselves independent and financially free from another job. Me? I'm looking for those who are left. 2% of the people will be pioneers. They'll see the innovation for what it is and they'll jump in and actually set the standard and lead the trend into the new generation and they'll make TONS of money by embracing that future and being _in place_ before everyone else gets there.

Scam? Taking advantage of my friends? Dead wrong. What I'm trying to do is introduce them to a gift that's been given to me and carry them along with me while I create an income that's going to allow me to live without the burden of a 9-to-5. This whole concept is going to snowball in the next 5 years and I'm going to be one of the ones who's helping it roll down that hill. The question is if you want to be part of the team that's creating an avalanche.

I haven't spent one penny that I wasn't already spending (in fact, with the way I'm beginning to pay down my past bills, I'm spending even less) and I'm earning a commission for doing this. Quixtar taught me how to set up a toll booth on the Internet and earn a commission for buying all the stuff I was buying anyway. Am I rich yet? Heck no. This is NOT a get-rich-quick scheme. To truly be rich takes time and effort. I've only been involved for three and a half months. But I can tell you this. Four months ago I was making nothing in return for spending our hard-earned money. And, in three months, I've increased my earnings 5 times. My 2nd month was double my first month's commission. This past month was _5_ times my first month. Will it be 10 times by my sixth month? I don't know yet, but I can't wait to see.

Is there disappointment and discouragement? Sure. I've been told "no" by people who see this as a scam. You know what? I see them as part of that 84%. They're waiting to see what happens down the road. Problem is, by the time they see that far down the road, 50% of the population will already be in and the money I'm making won't be there for them because they missed the boat of financial freedom. But I won't shrug my shoulders and pooh-pooh. I'll do everything I can to help them at that point, but I won't be able to guarantee the potential that's sitting in this business now.

Why do I come out on the Internet and talk about this stuff? Because I've been part of many online communities. I honestly believe that anyone who's reading my blog (and, man, haven't you got better things to do?!?!?) is nothing more than a friend I haven't met yet. We're not nameless, faceless strangers (though I haven't been able to figure out how to put pics on my blog yet ) with no connection. We're all people with dreams and hopes and some kind of shared interest or you wouldn't keep reading.

What are my dreams? I want to take a balloon ride in Arizona and watch the sun set on the desert. I want to stand on the Great Wall of China and take a picture of one of the biggest countries on Earth. I want to take a cruise to Alaska and watch a glacier break off into the ocean because it's overcrowded the land it's covering during the the day and actually see the Northern Lights for myself at night. (My Dad swore they were the most incredible sight on Earth and I want to see them for myself before my life is over so I can compare notes with him when I meet him again in Heaven... er, that's assuming they let me in the Pearly Gates. We might have to compare notes through the fenceposts. ) I want to vacation on the Seychelles and wade from one island to the next for lunch and then swim back for dinner.

What are your dreams? Does it really matter? I want to help you make those dreams come true. Because, in helping you, I help me. If you don't succeed, I don't succeed. It's that simple and that plain. Wouldn't it be sweet to have a "boss" who actually wants to see you succeed? Think about those work meetings right now. Major CYA going on. You know what that means. Everyone is yelling and screaming and trying to find someone to point the finger at. That's current corporate America. Sad, isn't it? You spend your entire career trying to blame someone else when things go wrong. Wouldn't it be nice, just once, to have the boss apologize when something goes wrong and take responsibility because he didn't do right by you? Well, if you don't do well, then it's my fault and I know it.

So, the question is, are you a 2-percenter? I don't want the 98% who are sitting around and waiting for someone to hand them something. I'm looking for the pioneers and the innovators. The ones who are going to recognize the potential and set the trend. Take this system, which is already well-established and working, and run with it. I can show you how.

My next topic is going to be a good one. Let's address the naysayers and the armchair warriors. What they're saying and why they're wrong.

No comments: