Friday, December 22, 2006

Only two days left!

There are only two days left until Christmas. I have completed all projects that I started out to make. Lots of scarves, a couple scarves and a couple other projects. Course, now I have to wrap it all. That's today's project and get it done before the girls get out of school. Then I can start cleaning up the house (the girls had better join in and help me out or I'll take all their stuff BACK! )

I also have to get my stew on. I made a turkey on Monday and a pot roast the other night. I figure enough leftovers to get us through today and tomorrow. Christmas Eve is at the MIL's house. The traditional Italian Christmas Eve with about a dozen different kinds of seafood, everything from lobster to squid. For those who aren't used to squid (and I'm one of them, being a nice German/Irish girl ), it's really good when stuffed and baked. I have a couple of those. A couple stuffed shrimp, a small bit of lobster (since that's the DH's favorite, I leave the lion's share for him) and a bit of pasta with calamari. Antipasta. Stuffed filet of sole. I don't even know what else. I just show up with a healthy appetite... LOL!

Maybe later today, out for the ham and we need more coffeemate. Good time for a trip to BJ's.

Oh, great news on the business front! Picked up three new customers. I went down to pay my oil bill and all three ladies couldn't say enough about the weight I'd lost. Wow, I look fantastic and all that. (Yup, I was preening and feeling quite svelte by the time I'd left that day... ) So they asked me how I did it and I mentioned the Trim Advantage program, so they bought some products and want to try it for themselves. (The program is beyond easy. Modified from the true Trim Advantage diet. I use 1-2 meal replacement bars and drink 2 XS energy drinks and I lost 22 lbs over about 10 weeks. And, yes, I really did eat anything I wanted for dinner, including dessert if there was any in the house. ) So I brought them some samples and they placed an order. http://bpierson1.qhealthzone.com is the website. Just click on Diet and Fitness and you'll find the products.

The interesting thing for me is one of the women suffers from Restless Leg Syndrome. She said that after she'd had the energy drink (which is loaded with vitamin B12), her legs were actually calm the rest of the day. I can't attest to that as this is the first I've heard, but it will be miraculous if it turns out to be true. An all-natural way to help people with RLS? Wow.

Oh, and my friend Parke Godwin (more affectionately my friend Pete) sent me a Christmas story that he'd written. I adore Pete. A true wordsmith and you should consider yourself lucky if you can read his works. He is such a master of the English language that I don't care what he writes, I simply enjoy reading his work. An early present for me, but one I can't wait to dive into. I have to thank Carole Howey for introducing us. She gave me the pleasure of a lifelong friend.

Okay, off to the shower because I'm not human yet and then off to wrestle with paper and tape... I have the feeling the tape will win the battle.

No comments: